SQL Query File™ Special Edition
Free Edition for IBM i5/OS V5R4M0 and IBM i V6R1M0
SQL Query File for IBM i is built for IBM i V7R1 and later. However, for a limited time, you can download and install SQL Query File onto i5/OS V5R4 or IBM i v6r1m0 for free. There is no license fee associated with this version of SQL Query File. This version runs on V5R4 or V6R1 or; if it is installed on or later the system is upgraded to a later release of the operating system, a paid license fee is required. The no charge license expires when your system is running IBM i V7.1 or later compatible release.
Reports from our i5 v5r4 customers are coming in. SQL Query File is 5 to 20x faster performing the same task as legacy query tools and many 3rd-party SQL products costing 10 times the price. An our V5R4 version is free!
SQL Query File Special Edition Free Download
i5/OS Power4, Power5 and Power5+ customers have benefited from our no-charge i5/OS V5R4/V6R1 edition.
Download and go, no registration, no licensing, and no support or warranty is expressed or implied and none are given.
SQL Query File is packaged as an IBM i Licensed Program and may be restored using the RSTLICPGM command.
- Download the COZQRYF540.ZIP file from the link above.
- Unzip the file to produce the COZQRYF540.SAVF object onto your PC.
- Upload the COZQRYF540.SAVF object to library QGPL (or similar) on your IBM i system using FTP or another method.
- On the IBM i system, Restore the SQL Query File Licensed Program using the RSTLICPGM 2COZQF2 command, as follows:
RSTLICPGM LICPGM(2COZQF2) DEV(*SAVF) SAVF(QGPL/COZQRYF540)
Using SQL Query File
Launch one of the SQL Query File commands, such as RUNQRYF or RUNSQLF or jump to the SQL Query File menu as follows:
Visit our samples page for examples of using SQL Query File.
Known Issues with SQL Query File at V5R4
There are issues in V5R4 version of IBM SQE that were not addressed by IBM until V6R1. Therefore the following is a list of known features that may operate differently when using SQL Query File on a V5R4 system.
- The number of rows in the result set cannot be determined. This impacts the Viewer (i.e., OUTPUT(*) and some other capabilities).
- The interactive viewer cannot process the "B" (go to bottom/last page of list) command (related to the above issue).
- OUTPUT(*PDF) is not supported.
- OUTPUT(*CSV) is not supported.
- 3-level qualified names ("3-tiered naming") is not supported.
- Apps that use the SQL Query File SDK can run on V5R4 but must be compiled on V6R1 or V7R1 with TGTRLS(V5R4M0).
- This no-charge version is upgradeable to later IBM i release levels or versions at the normal license fee.
- Name: SQL Query File™
- Install Library: COZQRYF
- Product ID: 2COZQF2
- Earliest IBM i release: V6R1M0 (limited use version available for V5R4M0)
- Run Query File CL Command: RUNQRYF
- Run SQL using Query File CL Command: RUNSQLF